What is Sexual Harassment?
- Any unwanted behavior of a sexual nature,
including name calling, offensive gestures and actual touching or
- It is subjective. The person who is the target
decides if it is harassment.
How do I know if it is Sexual
- Different people are offended by different things.
In order for it to be a joke, not sexual harassment, it must be
mutual and both people should be having fun!
- A good way to check to see if you are a victim of
harassment and not just receiving a compliment is to ask yourself
if you would be angry if someone made the same comment or gesture
to your Mom? Friend? Sister?
- It's about RESPECT!
What can I do if I think I am being
- Don't Blame Yourself! You are not responsible for
the actions of other people.
- Communicate to the person in some way that the
behavior is unwanted and you want it to stop. If you are afraid to
do this, ask someone you trust to help you.
- If no action is taken and the harassment happens
in school, ask to speak with the school's Title IX coordinator.
Every school is required to have one, and this person will be able
to give you some options on what to do next.
- There are also 24 hour phone numbers that you can
call for help
Susan B. Anthony Project
24-hour toll free Sexual Assault